If you’ve been following me for awhile, you’ve probably noticed that things look a little different around here!
In 2014 I started Dressing Dallas as a hobby while I was navigating my new life as a mom. I didn’t really have a goal in mind with my blog, I just wanted to document fun outfits that I was putting together. I really wanted a way to express myself and feel pretty!
I was quickly thrown into fashion blogging and into the the world of an influencer. With that came spending unnecessary money on clothing I didn’t need (you can read about how I spent $13k on credit cards because of PPD) and losing myself in a world that was actually pretty toxic and detrimental to my mental health. After having my second baby in 2016, I felt myself falling away from that world because I could finally see how it was hurting me.
I’ve kept the Dressing Dallas name for a long time, but something in me was falling away from that as well. For one, we moved away from Dallas…and I lived in Fort Worth. So I always felt silly having that name when I didn’t live in the city. Second, the name, while iconic and cute, still represented to me a time in my life that I was consumed with all the wrong things. I couldn’t shake the feelings of being involved with toxic influencers, promoting products I wasn’t passionate about just for a few cents pay, and just not being myself. I knew if I wanted to truly create a company and brand, I needed a rebrand and a new message.
I’m so incredibly excited to finally reveal my new brand, Lauren Virginia Co and Lauren Virginia Beauty!
I grappled for a good year or 2 on what I should change my name to be. Did I want to make it location based? Topic based? What did I want to describe in my new brand. After making list after list…I decided there was no better name than my own. This way, no matter what topics I choose to cover, no matter where our family is located, my brand stays current and unique.
Lauren Virginia Co is everything that encompasses my personality. Comfortable fashion that can easily go from day to night. Easy beauty tutorials and products that are no fuss and actually work. Easy tips on health, fun DIY projects, and an overall vibe of warmth, love, and being grounded.
I’m very excited to be reviving my brand after all of these years! Here is what you can expect from my new brand:
- True authenticity. I can not and will not go back to the inauthentic toxic world of influencers. I will always share what I truly love, wear, use, and decorate with. There will never be an amount of money that can buy a review from me. I have to love it and think you all will love it too.
- Easy peasy everything. Look…I’m a mom of 3 littles…I don’t have time to mess around. I usually have 10-30 minutes to get ready to leave my house, or else the kids lose it. So I will only share things that help me look and feel put together, in a minimal amount of time.
- My health journey…without the diet culture and obsession with getting skinny. I want to have a healthy body, for myself and for my family. I want to share my progress with learning how to eat healthy, workout and take care of myself the right way.
- Fun family adventures, vlogs, home projects and anything fun in life. I want this site to turn back into what blogs used to be. Story telling journals you can follow!
- I am going to continue to share my favorite business tips for social media, direct sales, and being a woman entrepreneur! One thing that I found most toxic in the fashion influencer space was the secrecy and the ideology to not share your business “secrets” so others won’t get ahead. It’s such BS, and I HATE that. I am a firm believer that there is enough room in this world for all of us to find success. I love to share what I’m doing to grow, and I want to share those tips with you!
I hope you all are excited to follow my personal journey on Lauren Virginia and Lauren Virginia Beauty. I can’t wait to bring authentic value to your lives, and have fun while doing it. Be sure to follow me on social as well to get a little behind the scenes look into my life!