Something that I never knew until I went through it myself is how intense planning a Disney World trip can be! I grew up going to Disneyland…and we kind of just went! Not much planning went into it! Disney World is a whole other beast and it actually does require a good amount of planning to maximize your trip! I wanted to share my best tips and tricks to planning a fun Disney World trip, so when you are there…it’s stress free!
Check Out My Best Disney World Tips:
- Start following Disney World Youtube Channels and Blogs. I know it sounds crazy, but they’ve made it their jobs to know everything Disney World! I’ve gotten some great recommendations of food, rides, places to visit and fun resorts to stay in this way. My favorite resource is the Youtube Channel, DFBGuide.
- Download the DisneyWorld app! This app is powerful ya’ll…you can see park wait times, order food, see maps of the whole property, etc. Everything you need to know is on this app!
- Book with a Disney World travel agent. They are so helpful and they make sure all the steps are taken in getting the best deals and that your transportation is all good to go!
- Stay in a Disney World hotel. I know it may seem overpriced compared to an airbnb, but if you are just doing Disney parks, this is your best option. Disney offers free shuttles to and from the parks and Disney Springs, or you can ride the amazing Skyliner to get around! If you have little kids, it’s nice to have this option so you have easy access to swimming and a comfy bed for nap times.
- There are a few changes coming that will be a little different planning wise. The first is resorts won’t be giving complimentary magic bands. If you want to use a magic band in the park, be sure to order one before you go! Also, there are no fast passes and dining plans currently, so be sure to account for this when planning your days.
- Plan to give yourself 1 whole day per park you visit. Each park is so big, you will feel sad if you have to split up 1 day for multiple parks. Also be sure to pay attention to open and closing times during the Covid restrictions.
- Check sites like Google Flights and websites that sell timeshares. You can find really good flights this way as well as possibly staying in a Disney Hotel for much less money!
- Planning out simple everyday things before your trip will help you save time and money! We planned for ordering groceries so we could eat in our room as much as possible, as well as which meals we would eat out. We were able to budget better and stay on track. I also planned out our park day outfits so we could easily get up and get going that day!
- Plan on having a few downtime days. As fun as the parks are, they are TIRING! Be sure to plan some chill days for swimming and exploring the resorts. Sometimes exploring the resorts can be just as fun as the parks! We especially loved vising the Carribean Beach resort because of their beaches (and we could ride the Skyliner to it!)
- Don’t forget to plan on bringing super comfy shoes (you walk up to 10 miles in the parks!), water bottles, fans/misters, and hats! It gets hot and muggy at Disney, so be prepared to remain comfy!
Are you planning a Disney trip any time soon? Tell me your best hacks!