It’s finally time for my son to get his own room. At 8 years old, he has a lot of interests; video games, Tae Kwon Do, Star Wars are among his favorites. Together we decided to do a video game themed room that he could continue to have as he grew up! I wanted to make sure his room wasn’t cheesy (a video game themed room can easily turn cheesy in my opinion) but also make it fun for him while he’s still little. So we started out planning the modern gamer room!
We knew that we wanted to incorporate a space for him to work on his homework, a brand new bed, and a new dresser area for him to have the space he needed. His room is our old nursery, and it’s the smaller of the two kids rooms, so we wanted to make sure he still felt like he had the space but also what he needed as he gets further into school. So after perusing Pinterest, I came up with some ideas for his room.
The overall plan:
- He needs a new twin bed, mattress and bedding. I thought adding a metal bed frame would be modern and simple for him. We also LOVE Beddy’s and got him a twin set (we grabbed the Aiden set). It’s simple but fun!
- I wanted to incorporate video game decor that looked modern and cool. Among the accessories I found were a video game neon light, these modern Nintendo controller prints, and a fun controller pillow.
- My son REALLY wanted his own clock, and we found this really cool analog style clock on Amazon.
- I didn’t want to do too much painting in his room, so we opted to paint the lower half of his room a dark green to give the walls a pop.
- My son didn’t have a ton of space for a desk, so we found a wall-mounted desk that perfectly fits the corner of his room.
- I wanted to get a fun, patterned rug for the floor to add a pop of color
I think all in all, this room should be easy to put together and fun! My son is really excited for all of our projects and his new modern gamer room! Stay tuned for more room updates!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Tiktok to check out my current DIY projects. Also, go check out my past DIY projects that I’ve completed this year!
Leave a Reply