Welcome to my new DIY home renovation series! My husband and I really love to do DIY projects in our home, so we decided to slowly update our home to the style we like. Our first project: the Master Bathroom.
Originally, our bathroom was just builders-grade blah. It was pretty neutral which was fine, but it had no character to it. We knew we wanted to change the vanity, add in some color, and make it a calm and cool space to spend time. We came up with a plan and a budget to get started!
So here is what we are thinking for this project:
Bathroom Renovation Plan:
- First plan: To paint the bathroom vanities a deep green color. I love how earthy and relaxing this color is. Our bathroom has two separate vanities, so we will be paining both green and attaching gold hardware.
- I want to do some kind of wall treatment to give the bathroom a pop. I am thinking a hand painted stripe pattern on two of the walls in the main part of the bathroom. We will also be painting the walls a crisp white to make everything pop.
- Custom wood countertops. I love how earthy wood counters look, and I love the warmth it brings. We will be building them ourselves and finishing them to withstand water.
- We will be changing the sink out to a porcelain sink that sits on top of the countertop. We will also change the faucet to a black faucet to match other black elements.
- I want to add a lot of greenery to the bathroom with plants in the window and a hanging planter.
- I want to change out the lighting to be these pretty black and glass farmhouse lights.
- To tie in the gold hardware, I will be adding a gold rounded rectangular mirror to the vanity.
This is our basic idea of the project and how we want to attack it! Check out some inspo pictures from Pinterest that helped us come up with a plan for the bathroom!
I’m so excited to get started on this project! It’s going to be so fun to see our bathroom transform! Be sure to follow along on my socials to see the progress!
Follow me on