I’m SO excited to be featuring this super simple DIY project for your kitchen that is super cute and super affordable! Check out this easy DIY mug rack for your kitchen (and it’s under $30 to make too!).
If you’re like me, you LOVE to collect mugs. Maybe that’s a little weird of an item to collect, but still, we all have something we love to buy, right?! My mug collection is overflowing, so much so that I’ve had to give mugs away and donate some because I get a little too crazy sometimes. My husband and I even have an inside joke where I like to send him texts with a picture of a cute mug and I ask him “do we need any more mugs?”. I’m hilarious.
I needed an easy storage solution for all of my cute mugs, and I saw a lot of cute ideas on Pinterest for storing mugs. I LOVE the industrial pipe trend as storage options, so I thought we could adapt this to our own kitchen!
This mug rack was SUPER easy to create and install! We got all of our materials from Home Depot and spent less than $30 for everything!
Materials you need for the project:
- A drill (we had to use a more powerful one just to be able to drill through our thicker wood cabinets).
- Screws (make sure to measure the thickness of your cabinets so you get a screw that doesn’t go through to the inside…which we slightly did…whoops!).
- Pipe Supplies: Grab the following pieces in the plumbing section (I do NOT know the official names of these parts haha!). A ½ in plate, a ½ in elbow piece, and an extender piece (this length depends on how far down you want your rack to go).
- Long Pipe: We decided to do one long pipe, but you could also split it up and do 2 small ones. Essentially the length of your pipe will depend on the length of your cabinet. Measure the length of your cabinets and subtract about a foot. This will give you a good, symmetrical length.
- Hooks: We grabbed ours from Amazon!
PS: I linked everything in the shop section of this post! Easy online shopping for the win!
- After measuring where to place your mug rack, mark the big circle plates and where they will screw in. Take 4 screws and attach the plates to the bottom of the cabinet.
- After you’ve attached the plates, you assemble your pipe. Start with the extender and screw that into the plate. Then screw in your elbow piece.
- Last step is to screw in your pipe! It should screw in right into the elbows. Once you’ve screwed that in, you are done!
- Grab your hooks and hang up your mugs, plants, spoons, pots, etc! The possibilities are endless!
This is such a fun project that can be applied to any part of your home! You could do this in your pantry to hang buckets (to store different ingredients, snacks, or even plastic bags). You could also use this in your laundry room to store cleaning supplies, brooms/mops, etc. I LOVE this easy project and it’s literally something anyone can do!
If you try this fun project, tag me on Instagram and show me! I’d love to see how you used this in your home!
Leave a Reply