It’s 2021, so it’s time to evaluate our business and marketing from the previous year and see what to add and leave behind. It’s no secret 2020 was a whole lot of crazy, and it took a lot of revamping in the marketing world to make our businesses work!! So let’s chat about our 2021 business and social media strategy- regardless of the Covid-19 pandemic happening around us!
So how do we go into 2021 with a marketing strategy that is solid, no matter what ups and downs come our way?
Here are 6 things that I think are going to be super important to focus on in your 2021 business and social media strategy
- First, SHORT FORM VIDEO IS KING! I saw a HUGE boost in my business in 2020 from TikTok, and that will continue into 2021. We are also seeing Instagram pushing Reels in the algorithm and people are seeing big growth! Get on the #shortformvideo trend ya’ll! PS: Create a video on reels or TikTok, and just post the same video onto the other platform. Work smarter not harder! 😜
- Second, if you are selling products (whether it’s physical or digital), get on the text marketing train. Sending texts to your customer’s phones means they are getting direct messages inviting them to your business! This is so much better than having your emails buried with hundreds of others. For my text marketing, I use the program Shout!
- Third, revamp your website! Some have been saying for the last few years that blogging is dead…but I disagree. With Pinterest still killing it and driving traffic, having your content direct to your website is amazing! Use your website as a “catch-all” for all your social platforms! Repost product spotlights, videos, stories, IG round ups, you name it! This way you can assure all your content lives in one place (just in case any social platform pulls a “vine” this year…you still have all the content you created!).
- Fourth, instead of focusing solely on your metrics (aka how many likes and followers you have), focus on how you can connect with the following you DO have. People are striving for connections during this difficult time, so give them that connection so you build trust! You can do this through going live, asking for their options, and messaging them personally thanking them or asking for their input!
- Fifth, add value…and then add some more. If you have a business, whatever it is, adding value is a HUGE step in converting followers to customers. It establishes trust and it puts you in the place of being the “expert”. 2021 will be all about teaching and connecting vs “Look at Me” content. Ways to add value to your followers feed: share free tips, behind the scenes, “how-to” content, freebies, giveaways, interviews and so much more!
- Finally, Social Media is now a top channel for purchasing, rather than discovery! So it’s important to make sure you have the structure set up with your business to where people can easily find your products and purchase from you. Utilize Instagram shops, and tag those products in your Reels, Stories, IGTV and posts! Have a website shop set up so you can easily link and promote on Google, Facebook and Pinterest. Get your products out there, because now we live in an online shopping world!
I hope these 2021 marketing tips inspire you to ramp up your business and make this year great! If 2020 proved anything to me, it was that it’s important as a business owner to be resilient and flexible! Tell me which tips you are excited to implement this year in your business!