Photography is something that I’m VERY passionate about! One of my favorite parts of blogging is being able to take pictures and edit them! One of the hardest things for me to learns though, is which cameras and lenses are the best investment. These items can be pretty pricey, so it’s important to do your research! Thankfully, I’ve done a lot of research, so I want to pass on all this knowledge to you! I’ve narrowed down my favorite equipment that I’ve used as part of my blog photography to make it easier for all of you that are wanting to take your photography to the next level! Let me know if you have any questions about equipment or on how to use a DSLR, I’d be happy to help!
- Canon Rebel SL1: This is my current DSLR and I love it! It’s got a smaller body than the other DSLR’s, which makes it perfect for carrying around in your purse! It has all of the functions of the other Rebel cameras, which makes it a powerful camera!
- Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM lens: I am absolutely obsessed with this lens because it’s the easiest to keep on my camera and carry around with me. It has a wide enough angle that I’m able to capture a whole room if I wanted! I also love using this lens for filming youtube videos.
- Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM Wide-Angle Lens: This lens is another wide angle lens that is awesome to use! It’s a little bit bulkier (not by much though) and it takes amazing pictures! I love using this lens for scenic views and landscapes (and in the future I’ll use it for home decor posts!).
- SanDisk Extreme Pro 64 GB memory card: This memory card is built for bloggers and photographers! It’s a very fast memory card, so when you take a picture, that picture is almost instantly transported to this card! It’s lightening fast! The reason why you want a fast memory card is that you can take more pictures faster, which really helps when you are taking outfit action shots! I also love having this for filming youtube videos because it holds a ton of memory!
- Sony a5100 16-50mm mirror-less camera: This is the perfect camera for on the go! The reason why I love this camera is because there is a flip screen so you can take the perfect selfies AND you can send photos over wifi to your phone or computer! I use this to take a lot of my instagram photos and for vlogging.
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III DSLR: I must admit, I don’t own this camera yet (someday!), but his camera is definitely the best camera on the market! When I’ve gotten to try it out, my pictures were amazing!! It’s got quite a hefty price tag, but it’s totally worth it if photography is your thing. This camera is a full frame camera, so it literally captures everything around you without even blinking an eye.
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.2: This is my absolute favorite lens of all time. The 50mm is great for portraits because it creates the perfect background bookeh I’ve ever seen! The f/1.2 is great because it works so well in dim lighting situations (which as bloggers we deal with a lot!). This lens is pretty expensive, so if you want a great portrait lens without the price tag, I’d go with the f/1.4 or f/1.8!
What kind of camera’s do you use for blogging? What is the most appealing item on this list?
Leave a Reply